Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 16: Our multi-purpose shed

Congratulations to Lauren, Nicole, Lori, and Donna!  E-mail me through my profile on the right (or just shout across the hall) your jam preference and I will send/bring your preferred jar of jam.  Lauren, include your mailing address in your message and I will get it to you tout de suite!

And to those of you who didn't comment, but instead called or sent me a personal message - Thank you!  Knowing that you are enjoying my posts makes the time spent worthwhile!

Now on to reason #16!

When I was young, our neighborhood (a six mile block in the country) had a standing Wednesday night volleyball game in the summer months.  After it got dark the adults moved into the Pleasure Dome, a barn turned man cave, to talk and laugh. When that family moved, my parents installed a volleyball court in our yard and moved the game to our house.  I played a lot of ghost in the graveyard, caught a lot of lightening bugs, and made a lot of jewelry out of those bugs' lights on volleyball nights.  How gross is that?!

When my farmer started making plans for his new shed a few years ago, I didn't contribute too much.  I didn't have the foresight to see all its potential uses.

So far his shed has become my son's indoor basketball court.

A place for wedding shower party favor and signature drink preparation.

The perfect setup for a double surprise birthday party.

A place to jam.

Somewhere for friends to gather on rainy summer Wednesday or Thursday nights.

The new home of our patio furniture. 

A place to introduce modern farming practices to our non-farming city family.

And finally, a place to store and repair machinery.

Even though its primary purpose is not fun (at least my version of fun), I'm thankful my farmer lets me borrow it for that purpose every once in a while.  Even if it means I have to sweep the whole thing. 



The only thing missing from our fun shed is a fun name. As much as I liked the Pleasure Dome, I'm glad that name is taken;).  Please share some ideas in the comments!

Our multi-purpose shed - One of the 30 reasons why I love being my farmer's wife.

Stay tuned for the 14 other things I love about my life on the farm and 14 more things that converted this Sycamore girl into a small town girl:).

And, check out my friend Holly's blog and the list of the other 30 day bloggers at 30 Days on a Prairie Farm.

Day One: Grandma Millie
Day Two: My clean car
Day 6: Farmer humor
Day 7: The first weekend in December - friends, food, & Farm Bureau
Day 8: His fourth grade girlfriend
Day 12: He's a trend setter
Day 13: Our neighbor BFFs
Day 14: Gardens, farms, and golf courses, and knowing the difference
Day 15: Jam!


No comments:

Post a Comment