Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Day 18: He's all about function

I love old stuff.  Not necessarily antiques, but old stuff that I can dust off and repurpose.
 

This oven was my first trash to treasure purchase.  It was pretty rusty when I bought it.  I cleaned it up, put a square glass pane on top, and used it as an end table.  My farmer was OK with it.  It was cheap and functional. 


When we moved to our farmhouse, I came home with three of these.  Not as cheap as my oven, but still functional and less expensive than traditional end tables.  He was OK with those, too.


Then I brought home a window.

 
And another window.


And I started repurposing windows from our house remodeling project.  He was a bit concerned about hanging heavy things on the walls, but he did it anyway.  After five, he suggested we had plenty of windows and mirrors and we didn't need anymore.


When I brought home this old toolbox, he told me I couldn't bring it in the house.  I did anyway.  It's great for storing craft supplies.

As long as my treasures are functional, he typically doesn't fight them too much.

 
However, this piece confounds him.  I found it at a trash to treasure sale.  Our last name starts with B.  The thing has a B on it.  It would look good hanging from a ribbon.  Perfect!
 
When he saw it, he wondered aloud why I had an old hog feeder cover hanging on our wall.  He added, "I hope you didn't pay for that."

He's all about function - One of the 30 reasons why I love being my farmer's wife.

Stay tuned for the 12 other things I love about my life on the farm and 12 more things that converted this Sycamore girl into a small town girl:).

And, check out my friend Holly's blog and the list of the other 30 day bloggers at 30 Days on a Prairie Farm.

Day One: Grandma Millie
Day Two: My clean car
Day 6: Farmer humor
Day 7: The first weekend in December - friends, food, & Farm Bureau
Day 8: His fourth grade girlfriend
Day 12: He's a trend setter
Day 13: Our neighbor BFFs
Day 14: Gardens, farms, and golf courses, and knowing the difference
Day 15: Jam!
Day 16: Our multi-purpose shed
Day 17: He gives me permission to be a slacker



No comments:

Post a Comment