Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Day 30: My farmer.

A few days into my 30 day blogging adventure a friend asked if I had planned out my posts for the month.  Hmmm.  That would have been a good idea.

I've been flying by the seat of pants each day with each post.  Looking back, I'm kind of glad.  By not planning it all out it advance, I got to reflect each day about what really matters and what I love most about my farmer, our small town, our farm, and raising our kids out here.  The few days I was grumpy with my farmer were hard. I had to dig deep, but there was always something.  It always came back to him.

I used to drive my college friends crazy by saying, "I have the best boyfriend in the whole world."  And I did.  

After we got married, I never made the transition to "I have the best husband in the whole world."  But I do.

He married me even though I was landless.  He puts up with my silly city girl questions and ways.  He moved me to a caring community.  He gave me my babies and a second Grandma Millie.

I hate to think about what my life would be like without him.

Thanks to everyone for sticking with me these 30 days.  I now need to take a short break from blogging.  I have a fifteen page research paper due next week and I am really behind.  Did I mention that I really don't like writing?

My 30 day series was part of a larger blogging project.  Check out my friend Holly's blog and the list of the other 30 day bloggers at 30 Days on a Prairie Farm.

Day 1: Grandma Millie
Day 2: My clean car
Day 6: Farmer humor
Day 7: The first weekend in December - friends, food, & Farm Bureau
Day 8: His fourth grade girlfriend
Day 12: He's a trend setter
Day 13: Our neighbor BFFs
Day 14: Gardens, farms, and golf courses, and knowing the difference
Day 15: Jam!
Day 16: Our multi-purpose shed
Day 17: He gives me permission to be a slacker
Day 18: He's all about function
Day 19: He loves our NEW dog
Day 20: July and August
Day 21: He puts me in charge of fun
Day 22: He's industrious, even on holidays
Day 23: The art of strategic small talk
Day 24: Small town youth activities
Day 25: Creature comforts
Day 26: Finding common ground
Day 27: The FFA
Day 28: The future of our operation
Day 29: My athlete

No comments:

Post a Comment